Thursday, February 25, 2010

Nothing to be afraid of

On State Street today, I encountered a couple folks holding up one of those Obama-with-the-Hitler-moustache posters.* Our 7-second conversation went something like this:

Me: "Aren't you afraid of being arrested?"
Him: [utterly confused look] "Arrested? No, I'm not afraid of being arrested."
Me: "Guess he's not much of a Hitler, then, is he?"
Him: [utterly confused look persists - he still hasn't taken my point]

Coincidentally, I encountered this Mark Twain-attributed quotation not five minutes later:

“You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.”

________________
* I was going to insert a Google image, but they all seemed to link back to crazy wingnut sites; never mind, you know what they look like.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

That was hysterical, I'll have to remember that one.

James Hanley said...

Brilliant. What's the equivalent of winning the internets for things you say live and in-person? Whatever it is, you done won it.