Monday, August 25, 2008

Don't be like Them

Part Of The In-group? A Surprising New Strategy Helps Reduce Unhealthy Behaviors

In another study, researchers placed fliers in freshman dormitories on a college campus. In one dorm, the fliers emphasized the health risks of binge drinking. In another dorm, the fliers linked binge drinking to graduate students. Participants in the dorm with the second flier consumed at least 50 percent less alcohol than those who saw the health risk fliers.

Bart! Don't make fun of grad students! They're just people who've made terrible choices.

Now, whenever James says something I don't like, I'm going to say, "Yeah, they believe that at Washington, too."

1 comment:

James Hanley said...

"Whee, look at me! I'm a grad student. I made $8,000 dollars last year!"

Huck the Fuskies. We begin the season against them at Autzen--it may be on FSN Detroit since it starts at 10 p.m. Eastern time (fuckin' Eastern time zone--I miss having football games start at 9 a.m. my time).